Re: Lenny overheating, preventing installation

Klistvud wrote:
Starting the new 5.00 Lenny DVD and selecting (any type of) install, some 5 to 10 minutes into the installation process, my laptop overheats and shuts down. It's a HP Compaq 6715b with an AMD Turion 64 and an ATI Radeon 1200. Needless to say, I have the BIOS option "Fan always ON when on AC power" set to enabled, but to no avail. Same happens if I set the option to off. Is there ANY way to install Lenny on such laptops? Does it happen with other laptops too?

Any viable suggestions welcome!

it could be a bug in the installer: did you tried to do as somebody suggested to you: step by step install? If you've tried with the 32-bit version you can try now using the version for amd 64 or try ubuntu :-)
Luigi
p.s. i have just installed in my mothers house an ibm T23 pemtium mobile 1gHz + 750 Mb lenny + apache + mysql + drupal + 3 web site - amule sharing (zeitgeist + krisnamurti) 24h :-) on an aliceadsl line - :-)))))) http://gongolo.dyndns.org