Re: related to mail servers, mta and mda

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 11:20:13PM -0400, James Richardson wrote:

> I use Exim on my f/w on my router. It accepts email from all the nodes
> on my home network and now forwards it to my mail server on my vps.
> Previously, it forwarded mail through my isp. If I remember correctly
> when sending mail through my isp the from header was always rewritten to
> be from my isp email address.

That's what I do (though using postfix). I also connect to the vps
through an opnvpn tunnel. This means the configuration of the mail
server there remains simple. I likewise forward the mail from my laptop
through an openvpn tunnel to that server.

(Well, I already had that tunnel for other uses)