Re: Missing dependencies of soundtracker

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 18:07:03 +0200, Marcin Kłapkowski wrote:
> Florian Kulzer pisze:
>> On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 16:00:14 +0200, Marcin Kłapkowski wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to install soundtracker (it's one of the best tracker
>>> I've  heard and used before).
>>> I'm using sid, and in repo there is version 0.6.8-2+b1 of soundtracker.
>>> But, I get missing dependencies:

[...]

>>> How I can install missing dependencies or newer version of soundtracker?
>>>

>> Right now it might still be possible to install the package if you add
>> both "testing" and "stable" to your sources list (and run "apt-get
>> update" afterwards).
>>
>> You could also try the soundtracker-gtk2 package mentioned in bug
>> #519641.
>>

> soundtracker-gtk2 wasn't installed, because of dependency lack: gtk+-2.0
> but, after adding lenny repo as you told me, i have possibility to
> install soundtracer with whole gtk1.2 dependencies. great, but din't it
> harm my system? and should i add lenny updates to it or not? i worry
> about packages conflicts too.

I don't think you will harm your system; however, make sure that you
have the Lenny security updates in your sources list as well.

I have have no idea if the soundtracker program itself will still work -
see also Nigel's earlier message about its state on Lenny - and keeping
soundtracker installed and running on Sid will probably become more and
more difficult as Sid evolves further and further away from Lenny.

          Florian   |