Re: disk space used by apt

Javier Barroso pisze:
On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:
* Marcin K?apkowski [090412 18:19 +0200]
Hi,

I have problems with wolfing disk space by apt. After I'm doing some
upgrades, I have a lot of apt archive files. When I do apt-get update,
or whatever with apt, it gives me that results:

# du --max-depth 1 -h / | grep [0-9]G | sort -nr
3,0G   var
2,5G   var/cache

# du --max-depth 1 -h /var/cache/apt | grep [0-9]G | sort -nr
2,5G   var/cache/apt/archives

Unexpeclty i found that i have zero space, which don't allow me to
normal office work
of cource cleanig /var/cache/apt is remedy, but only for a while.

Is there any locking mechanism which allow avoid eating whole disc by apt?
run 'apt-get clean'

The cache will be reduced of all the .deb.

Elimar

--
 We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
       -- Linus Torvalds