[Solved - sort of...] Lenny overheating, preventing installation

Based on several replies/suggestions set forth in my previous thread and on
some imagination, I finally managed to complete the Lenny setup process. What
I did:

I found a spot in my house directly between two opposing windows and placed
the computer there. Lifted the computer on two narrow (but thick) dictionaries
(books), so as to free its underside. Opened both windows to create a strong
air current flowing directly over and under the laptop. Improved this setup
with the aid of a common household fan. Powered the laptop off and waited for
it to completely cool off. Opened the lid, powered on and started the Lenny
DVD setup procedure. After the initial screens, when no input is needed
anymore, I put a small weigh on the lid switch in order to turn off the screen
backlight. And now, the MOST CRUCIAL step in any computer troubleshooting:

kept fingers crossed all the time!

It worked. Now I have a working Debian Gnome desktop and - believe it or not -
it actually runs cool as a breeze, it even feels COOLER to touch than my
current production system (OpenSuSE 11.1 with KDE). Go figure...

Anyway, a huge thanx to all who cared to reply to my initial post, especially
seeing that I had inadvertently hijacked another thread...