Re: Lenny overheating, preventing installation

2009/4/11 Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr>:
> Starting the new 5.00 Lenny DVD and selecting (any type of) install, some 5 to
> 10 minutes into the installation process, my laptop overheats and shuts down.
> It's a HP Compaq 6715b with an AMD Turion 64 and an ATI Radeon 1200. Needless
> to say, I have the BIOS option "Fan always ON when on AC power" set to
> enabled, but to no avail. Same happens if I set the option to off. Is there
> ANY way to install Lenny on such laptops? Does it happen with other laptops
> too?

I don't have overheating problems on my Acer Aspire 5920.

What do you have the laptop sitting on? Table? Can you raise is to get
some more airflow under the bottom?

I have a length of timber under the back of the laptop to raise the
back and provide a better typing angle, doesn't look pretty but is
cheap and works.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.