Re: new wireless card

On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 10:51 +0000, Glyn Astill wrote:
> On a side note does anyone have any good links for getting an etch machine onto a WPA network? I tried everything I could find on the net and got nowhere last night, tried tons of stuff in interfaces and tried using wpa_supplicant.conf too.
>
> The network manager gui looks like it only supports wep ...
>
> I'm using an asus 167g usb witha ralink rt2570 driver from module-assistant.

<--sniped-->

You can try wicd:  http://wicd.sourceforge.net/

This was suggested on this list on February 23 by Celejar, and I find it
works very nicely with Ubuntu on my HP laptop.  I would expect it to
work well with Debian, generally.

It is in the 'sid' release, but not 'etch', so you would probably need
to download source and compile.  Which may also require installing
additonal library packages, so not as simple as an apt-get ;(

It definitely supports WPA, as that is what I use for my home AP.

--
Bob McGowan