Lenny sometimes hangs during boot up with Splashy

Lenny boots up, with Splashy 0.3.13 as startup splash, from NFS server.
But sometimes, it hangs during bootup.

When it hangs:
.. no response to any keyboard including F2;
.. can response to echo request by ping from other hosts;
.. about 50% of progress bar passed;
.. no remote ssh login since sshd not started.

To look into where it hangs, I hit F2 to toggle on verbose mode to show
boot message at the begin of splashy runs. We fortunately get a screen-shot
when it hangs. The screen message read :
OK
Configuring network interfaces...
OK
Setting up ALSA...
OK

Part of /etc/init.d/rcS.d/ :
S35mountall.sh
S36mountall-bootclean.sh
S36udev-mtab
S37mountoverflowtmp
S39ifupdown
S40networking
S45mountnfs.sh
S46mountnfs-bootclean.sh
S48console-screen.sh
S50alsa-utils
S55bootmisc.sh
S55urandom
S70x11-common
S75sudo
S99stop-bootlogd-single

List of /etc/init.d/rc2.d/ :
S10sysklogd
S11klogd
S12acpid
S12dbus
S16ssh
S20openbsd-inetd
S89cron
S99rc.local
S99rmnologin
S99stop-bootlogd

Since when rc2.d/S10sysklogd runs, it will show message Starting system log
daemon, it must be hanging by one of those scripts between S50alsa-utils
and
S10sysklogd:
S55bootmisc.sh
S55urandom
S70x11-common
S75sudo
S99stop-bootlogd-single

No idea where and why it is locked. Any clue?