Re: Deploy job management system software such as PBS, LSF on Debian cluster.

Hello List,

what about SLURM (slurm-llnl Debian package) ?

hth,
Jerome

hongyi.zhao@gmail.com wrote:
On Wednesday, April 8, 2009 at 13:48, jspies@sun.ac.za wrote:
On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 10:52:50PM +0800, hongyi.zhao@gmail.com wrote:

I've setup a Debian cluster to construct a HPC workstation.  Now, I
want to install one of the job management system softwares, such as
PBS, LSF, or some others.

But I'm a newbie on do this job.  Who can give me some hints on the following issues:

1- Which job management system software should I use for my case?

I wouldn't know. I am managing a OpenSuse hpc-cluster which uses
sun-gridengine and it seems to do the job efficiently.  I see there
are Debian Packages for it (aptitude search gridengine).

In my case, I want to use this cluster to run CASTEP.  The official of
it has asserted that the job management system should be pbs or lsf.

--
Jerome BENOIT
jgmbenoit_at_mailsnare_dot_net