Re: Deploy job management system software such as PBS, LSF on Debian cluster.

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 10:52:50PM +0800, hongyi.zhao@gmail.com wrote:

> I've setup a Debian cluster to construct a HPC workstation.  Now, I
> want to install one of the job management system softwares, such as
> PBS, LSF, or some others.

> But I'm a newbie on do this job.  Who can give me some hints on the following issues:

> 1- Which job management system software should I use for my case?

I wouldn't know. I am managing a OpenSuse hpc-cluster which uses
sun-gridengine and it seems to do the job efficiently.  I see there
are Debian Packages for it (aptitude search gridengine).

> 2- From where can I obtain them?  Are they free or not?

As said: the debian packages are availabe.  Just aptitude install ...

> 3- From where can I find some step-by-step manual to do this?

I don't know how good the Debian documentation is on gridengine but
there is a website that has a lot of documentation:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer
      and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests
      be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which
      passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts
      hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
                           Philippians 4:6,7