Re: aptitude safe-upgrade and kde4 transition (was: Upgrade to Sid from Squeeze not happy...)

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 08:23:55AM +0200, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> was heard to say:
> On 2009-04-06 08:59 +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
>
> > On a side note, I never use the full-upgrade command because it has the
> > potential to remove a huge number of packages, and safe-upgrade handles
> > most situations (like library transitions) just fine.
>
> But not the transition to kde4, since right now I cannot upgrade
> anything:

  BTW, I have learned that if you pass "-o aptitude::delete-unused=false"
as an argument, you'll be able to upgrade packages (but KDE will be held
back).

  Daniel