Re: aptitude safe-upgrade and kde4 transition (was: Upgrade to Sid from Squeeze not happy...)

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 08:23:55AM +0200, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> was heard to say:
> On 2009-04-06 08:59 +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
>
> > On a side note, I never use the full-upgrade command because it has the
> > potential to remove a huge number of packages, and safe-upgrade handles
> > most situations (like library transitions) just fine.
>
> But not the transition to kde4, since right now I cannot upgrade
> anything:
>
> ,----
> | Resolving dependencies...
> | The following packages have unmet dependencies:
> |   kdebase-bin-kde3: Conflicts: kdebase-runtime-bin-kde4 but 4:4.2.2-1 is to be installed.
> |   kdebase-runtime-bin-kde4: Conflicts: kdebase-bin-kde3 but 4:3.5.10.dfsg.1-2 is installed.
> `----
>
> Oh well. :-(  Looks like I'll have to try the experimental aptitude.

  I can confirm this, including with the current head branch of
aptitude.  In fact, there are two bugs: it takes a godawfully long
time, AND it's producing a solution that has conflicts left over.  Not
sure what's going on yet.

  Daniel