Re: need info on mobile phone support

Ivan T. Ivanov wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Sun, 2009-04-05 at 17:00 -0400, Long Wind wrote:
>> Thanks to all!
>>
>> I will buy a USB cable and install Wammu and kmobiletools on etch to
>> see if it works. Then I will buy a microSD card.
>>
>> It's too bad that nokia, the biggest mobile phone maker, does not support
>> Linux.
>>

>  Nokia have Linux support for its Linux based phones ;).
>  I suppose that you 3110c is Symbian one.
>
>  IIvanov

I wouldn't advocate nokia as they really _do not support_ linux in terms
that they develope phones that can sync only with windows (and/or Mac)

It's not enough to support just a series of phones. If you are the _biggest_
phone manufacturer I suppose you could do better.

They could at least provide information and help open source developers
write the **** drivers for their **** phones.

I'm also disappointed from the way phones are developed and _not_ compatible
with each other and how users in most linux suffer.

This is the bad example for market competition!

regards