Re: bank web page problem in iceweasel/iceape

H.S. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A friend has asked me about this weird problem he is having. He is using
> tdcanadatrust.ca bank website on a Debian machine. When he wants to add
> a payee, he does a search in the search field and click on "search"
> button, but this brings him to the bank's welcome/login page! This
> happens in Iceweasel and Iceape both. Noscript and adblock extensions
> are installed. I have suggested he try it with a different profile, but
> the behavior is the same in all cases.
>
> I tried this web site on a Ubuntu machine with him on Firefox. In this
> case, when a search term is typed, a drop down list appears right below
> the search field with the possible matches. So the searching for a payee
> works in Firefox in Ubuntu.
>
> Any idea what I should to suggest him to try to get it working on his
> Debian machine?
>
> Thanks.

Found the problem. It is the browser identification. If I use a string
which shows my browser is Firefox, the add payee search field works
perfectly. Any other identification (Seamonkey or Iceape) does not work.

Currently, this works in prefs.js:
user_pref("general.useragent.override", "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux
i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1pre) Gecko/20080915000512 firefox/2.0");

And this is with noscript and adblock enabled with the bank's website
white listed in noscript.

ever having been read.