Re: Drives can't be mounted as a normal user

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 12:04 AM, Andrei Popescu
<andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> You shouldn't login as root. Use 'su' or 'sudo' or 'gksu' instead.

This is not a question of I should or shouldn't. Of course, since I'm
asking a solution for non-root user, you should be understanding that
I know how to use su, sudo or gksu. I just compared and explained how
the same thing is OK while logged in as root, but not, while logged in
as non-root user.

> AFAICT you need to be a member of 'floppy', not 'plugdev'.

The said user is a member of the group "floppy" too.

BIbek

--
weblog: http://bibekpaudel.wordpress.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/bibek