Re: upgrading the kernel in debian etch from 2.6.18 to 2.6.29

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 09:29:05PM -0400, Joey L wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 8:13 PM, thveillon@gmail.com <thveillon@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > thveillon.debian wrote :

[snip]

> > Sorry, please ignore my advice to load dm-mod in the initrd, reading the
> > needed at all, only md-mod.
> >
> > It's getting late in UK time zone...
> >

> I understand that it is getting late in the UK - I will wait till you wake
> or unless anybody on this listserv can lend a helping hand.
> I think i did everything and this is a standard configuration - I did not do
> anything too crazy !
> Again - all this is software raid --- the /boot is raid1 and the other
> volumes are software raid5   The Raid5 has LVM filesystems.

what I usually do in situations like this is have the initamfs drop out
to busybox (before it attempts to load root) and then you get to have a
play around and see what initrd can see and what it can't see

[snip]

--
"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake."

	- George W. Bush
05/07/2006
on his best moment in office (in an interview with a German newspaper)