Re: No Sound after Experiment with KDE4

On Thursday 02 Apr 2009, Kent West wrote:

> Apparently my regular Debian setup is flipping a bit on the sound
> circuitry itself that requires a power-off to fix. At least, that's
> the way it seems to me. But I have no clue as to how to track this
> down further.

If you look in /etc/udev you will see that alsa-utils.rules kicks
off /lib/udev/alsa-utils

If you look at /lib/udev/alsa-utils it is kicking off
a /etc/init.d/alsa-utils start

if you look at /etc/init.d/alsa-utils you will see it effectively loads
the state from /var/lib/alsa/asound.state

I think my previous reply about using alsamixer must somehow set this

Alan Chandler