Re[2]: gateway doesn't locate at the same subnet of the IP Address.

On Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 18:12, alex@samad.com.au wrote:

> do you have a vpn up it looks like a point to point setup very strange.

To   be  frankly,  I  cann't  see  the  infrastructure of this network
considering that I'm not the network admin of my institute.

I post my issue here just because that some hosts in my institute have
been assigned the strange IP configurations I posted here and I myself
cann't figure it out.

> if you really want to try this under linux you can use ip route

> so something like

> ip r a dev eth0

> that tells the kernel that is accessible via eth0 then
> you should be able to do

> ip r a default via dev eth0 src <your ip address>

Thanks for your suggestions.

>> > Dave.

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry
Chinese Academy of Sciences
GnuPG DSA: 0xD108493