Re: Bug counts in Current and next Release

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 10:29:25AM -0400, S Scharf wrote:
> I've been looking at the  release critical bug
> chart<http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/>and was wondering why
> the current release has it's
> bug count increasing at the same rate as the next release. In the past, the
> current release stayed at
> a lower bug count for a while before increasing.

Quite a few new bugs are also marked as applicable to older versions and
when they are fixed they only get fixed in the new version. In many cases
the new bug has indeed affected the older version. But in quite a few
other cases it doesn't.

Thus the bugs count for the stable release is skewed.