Question about proxy servers for debian packages

I see in the aptitude package list three packages that are proxy
servers specifically designed to proxy the package files from a Debian
repository/mirror. There may be more than three. I didn't work very
hard at searching. The three that I found are, apt-proxy, apt-cacher,
and approx.

They all have very similar descriptions. All the descriptions say that
their particular package is easy to set up and easy to use.  Some say
they are easier than one of the other. Has anyone done comparisons of
these against each other? What are the points on which they actually
differ? Do the differences matter?  And, are there any other proxy
servers for packages that I haven't found, and are worth while?

TIA
--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net