Re: database.php

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:54:41AM -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> In <[🔎] 74aa57df0903300007t7ab8746ftc12eecb4bcd0a2d6@mail.gmail.com>, hadi
> motamedi wrote:
> >Dear All
> >Can you please let me know how I can open the "database.php" file on my MS
> >Windows client ?
>
> .php files are (generally) PHP source code which is (mostly) plain text.  It
> is possible that the file has UNIX-style line endings (\n) instead of DOS-
> style line endings (\r\n) or Mac-style line endings (\r).  If so, you can
> use the unix2dos utility to convert the line endings, or simply use a text
> editor that understands multiple types of line endings like GVim, XEMACS, or
> TextPad.

my theory on this one is actually that the OP used a website with
a script called database.php to download something (likely a csv
or excel dump of a database) and that the script returned a
content-type of application/octet-stream (prompting the save as..
dialog), but didn't give a content-disposition suggesting a
filename, so the OP just hit "OK" and got a file called
database.php that is actually a usable data file but misnamed.

Mr. Motamedi, try opening it from within Excel if that all sounds
plausible to you.

--Rob*

--
| "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane"               |