rsync mirrors of debian CD How?

I see a list of rsync mirrors for an install CD at www.debian.org.
I am running Lenny and have rsync installed. I have successfully
used rsync to do backups locally between hosts on the same LAN.
But I don't know what to do to use these mirrors.

I suppose I use a console or an xterm, and type something. What do
I type? What preparations should I make prior to typing an rsync
command? Should I find a copy of an iso of my netinstall from
the time when Lenny was still in testing, and use it as starter
files to speed the rsync?

Are the answers to all these questions somewhere on www.debian.org?
Where?

TIA