Re: Version of Gnome

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 11:14 PM, Alan Chandler
<alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:
> Having been a long time KDE user, I thought I might take a look at
> Gnome.
>
> Even though I am running unstable, the Gnome in Debian seems to be
> v2.22, whereas Gnome seems to have, 6 months ago released 2.24, and
> then just recently released 2.26.
Now debian has Gnome 2.24 in sid [1], and I think maintainers are
preparing 2.26 [2] to upload it in experimental.

[1] http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.24-status.html
[2] http://www.0d.be/debian/debian-gnome-2.26-status.html

> Is there a particular reason whilst Gnome is so far behind in Debian
As sugered before in this thread, lenny freeze I think is the reason

Regards,