Re: Version of Gnome

On Sat,28.Mar.09, 21:14:11, Alan Chandler wrote:
> Having been a long time KDE user, I thought I might take a look at
> Gnome.
>
> Even though I am running unstable, the Gnome in Debian seems to be
> v2.22, whereas Gnome seems to have, 6 months ago released 2.24, and
> then just recently released 2.26.
>
> Is there a particular reason whilst Gnome is so far behind in Debian

The freeze before the release. All new stuff ended in experimental
(because unstable was kept as clean as possible from new stuff) and now
there are big transitions going on. It will show up in unstable Real
Soon Now. I'm interested in KDE 4.2 which is in a similar situation.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)