Re: Problem accessing external usb drive in non superuser mode

On Sb,28.mar.09, 10:50:47, Bryce wrote:

> Sorry about the missing 'ntfs'.  Here's the line from my fstab that
> allows me to mount as an ordinary user:

Mounting works, of course, due to the 'users' option. How about
accessing the files?

> /dev/disk/by-label/win2k   /media/win2k  ntfs
> noauto,users,noexec,ro,dmask=0022,fmask=0133,nls=utf8  0 0

If you can access the files like this then the manpage is buggy, because
it doesn't mention those options for ntfs (they do exist for ntfs-3g and
vfat though). Also according to the manpage the files on ntfs shouldn't
be readable by anyone except root, unless you use 'uid=' or 'gid='
options.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)