Re: Resizing LVM partition

On Saturday, 28 March 2009 06:40:03 +0200,
Tapani Tarvainen wrote:

> > How I can to extend a LVM partition?

> Why do you want to do that?
>
> I've always thought it one of LVM's main attractions that it
> it makes partition resizing almost totally unnecessary.
>
> Instead, just create another LVM partition and add it to the existing
> volume group (pvcreate, vgextend).
>
> If there is some reason that won't do what you want, I'm curious to
> hear what it is.

Mmmm... I had not thought about that alternative. But I would like, to
be possible, not to have to be creating partitions by each disk that
could be adding.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37