Re: Technical Inquiry regarding Debain Linux 3.1

Dear Andrei Popescu
Thank you very much for your reply . But the server is halted and when I press its power on key it will be lit just for a moment and then goes off (without any message on the attached diplay) . But the attached USB mouse has power showing that the server is power on and halted .
Looking forward your reply

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat,28.Mar.09, 14:38:17, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Dear All
> We have an HP t5725 Debian Linux 3.1 server that got problem from sudden
> power cut . After getting the root password and reaching to the maintenance
> menu , we run "fsck" to fix the problem and it found two bugs that need to
> be Fixed/Continued . After the bugs fixed , the subsequent run of the fsck
> did not show any other problem and it reported the /dev/dsk partitions to be
> clean . But we were not able to reboot the server through issuing the
> command "reboot" so we had to power cycle it . But it got halted and we can
> no longer power on the server . Can you please let us know what is wrong and
> how we can get it out from the halt state ?

Not without more details. Do you get past the grub menu? What is the
last message shown?

(Albert Einstein)

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)