Technical Inquiry regarding Debain Linux 3.1

Dear All
We have an HP t5725 Debian Linux 3.1 server that got problem from sudden power cut . After getting the root password and reaching to the maintenance menu , we run "fsck" to fix the problem and it found two bugs that need to be Fixed/Continued . After the bugs fixed , the subsequent run of the fsck did not show any other problem and it reported the /dev/dsk partitions to be clean . But we were not able to reboot the server through issuing the command "reboot" so we had to power cycle it . But it got halted and we can no longer power on the server . Can you please let us know what is wrong and how we can get it out from the halt state ?
Regards
H.Motamedi