Re: Technical Inquiry regarding Debain Linux 3.1

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 03:39:20PM +0430, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Dear Andrei Popescu
> Thank you very much for your reply . But the server is halted and when I
> press its power on key it will be lit just for a moment and then goes off
> (without any message on the attached diplay) . But the attached USB mouse
> has power showing that the server is power on and halted .
> Looking forward your reply
> Regards
> H.Motamedi

What display do you get? Working on a similar T5735, you do get an HP
logo and the chance to hit F10 for Bios type setup and F12 for network
setup.

Out of the box, these things will PXE boot: if all else fails, reflash
using an official HP image - support from hp.com website - and rebuild
any local customisations.

Remember, you've only got 128M on compact flash IIRC. I'm unsure whether
you can actually put in a larger replacement but I doubt it.

Various dealers still have these for sale and they're still supported.
Contact HP in the first instance.

AndyC