Re: any tool to produce a report of bad sectors of my harddisk?

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, 明覺 wrote:

> As my machine crashed 2 times in the last 10 days, both caused by file
> system issues, so I want to get a report of my harddisk to know
> whether my harddisk is really in a very bad situation.(though
> currently my harddisk works fine, but I'm afraid it will crash in a
> few days.) What tool can tell me the situation of my harddisk? thanks.

badblocks should help you out a little with this, but I'd start looking
into making sure you have everything backed up and get a new disk as it
sounds like the one you have is on the way out.

Jeff

--
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Techno.