Re: Print to PDF with lpr

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> But I just
> discovered this OOo extension which allows the user to save the
> document as PDF with the ODF file embedded for editing:
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/pdfimport
> This is, in my opinion, the perfect document format. The only thing
> missing from the extension is better save support, as the user
> currently must be careful to export (not save) as a Hybrid PDF file.

>From that page:
> It is the perfect solution for changing dates, numbers or small
> portions of text.

I don't think that this practicable, if you continue to work with your
document for repeated 'edit, print' cycles.

For batch conversion (and printing) look at
$ aptitude show unoconv
 This package provides a commandline utility which can convert from any
document format that OpenOffice can import to any
 document format it can export. It uses OpenOffice's UNO bindings for
non-interactive conversion of documents.

 Supported document formats include Open Document format, MS Word, MS
Office Open/MS OOXML, PDF, HTML, XHTML, RTF, Docbook,
 and more.
Homepage: http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/unoconv/

(I haven't tried it myself.)