Re: Print to PDF with lpr

* Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> 15.03.2009
> On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 11:47:43PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I just noticed that I can in fact print PDF files this way, so the
> > problem is that I am trying to print an ODT file. How can I convert
> > that ODT to PDF on the command line? I have googled that before and
> > could not figure it out, even after installing OOo scripts and other
> > nasties.
>
> As mentioned in previous threads: abirod should be able to do that.

Or you can use the "cups-pdf" package.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Package: cups-pdf                                                        |
 CUPS-PDF provides a PDF Writer backend to CUPS. This can be used as a   |
 virtual printer in a paperless network or to perform testing on CUPS.   |
 .                                                                       |
 Documents are written to a configurable directory (by default to ~/PDF) |
 or can be further manipulated by a post-processing command.             |
 .                                                                       |
 Homepage:  http://www.cups-pdf.de                                       |
Enhances: cups                                                           |
Tag: role::app-data, use::converting, use::printing, works-with::text,   |
works-with-format::pdf                                                   |

With this package you can make a PDF in every application.

Hth Michael

--
UNIX always presumes you know what you're doing.
You're the human being, after all, and it is a mere operating system.