Re: blueproximity

On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 10:48:35AM +0000, Chris Davies wrote:
> On mine, I have the following:
>
> LOCK distance=27, duration=6 (seconds)
> UNLOCK distance=19, duration=0

I'll play with this, thanks... Are bigger numbers greater distance?

> > - I've told it to start at start up, but if I don't launch it from a
> > gnome terminal it doesn't work!
>
> I can't help you there - it "just worked" for me.

Hmmm, it worked this morning... When you boot your machine, where do you
have your phone, and do you switch bluetooth on? Do you have to do
anything on the phone or computer when you boot?

> > So does anyone know how I can:
> > - make it work from gnome starting with out running it from a terminal?
>
> System > Preferences > Sessions > Startup Programs, and enable
> blueproximity. (If you don't have blueproximity then add it.)

It seems to be starting at boot, just not working 100%.

> If there's a command to do so, then yes. (I suspect a combination
> of screen -ls and screen -D will do this if you really want it, but
> I'm not sure why. Wouldn't you be better off just locking the non-GUI
> consoles? You could try something like vlock for this.) Look in the

Ah, thanks that looks good. Yeah, as soon as I wrote this email, I knew
I should have asked for something that locks the console... Sorry, but
thanks that should work!

> Locking tab for the programs to be run when locking/unlocking. Um,
> have you actually tried to configure the applet, yet?

Yep, I have... Sorry I was just looking for the command to do this, I
knew you could change it... I should have said that though.

One other thing, when trying to send files to my computer (pair), my
phone can't find my computer. When I scan for devices with hcitool, my
computer finds the phone... How do I make the computer visible to all
devices?

Thanks,

Daniel.