Re: ssh connection takes long time

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009, randall wrote:

And there are indeed other servers that are unhappy with poor DNS
ftp comes to mind, its always the first thing i turn off when i install it for anything other then personal usage.

:)  I don't have that luxury (at work, but do use ftpd-ssl)

The only use to correct "reverse" DNS i can see is in case of a mail server, if you want to filter dynamic and static IP's (but even this is theoretical since it is hardly used in practice) other then that i regard it as a feature that brings more problems then it solves.

smtp, kerberos, tcpwrappers ...  off the top of my head, surely thar be
more dragons.

--
Rick Nelson
* aj thinks Kb^Zzz ought to pick different things to dream about than