Re: vim

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:42:50AM -0700, hr mahan wrote:
> I would like to use vim as editor for my Fortran programs.  In Fedora
> vim colorizes the program's text.  I would like to have this option
> enabled on my Debian box as well.  What is the solution?

If I recall correctly, the default version of Vim in Debian is provided
by the vim-tiny package which contains a minimal version of Vim. For a
more complete version I suggest installing the 'vim' or 'vim-full'
package.

Either of the above, more complete packages should give you syntax
highlighting.

Gavin