Re: Forward System Messages to SSH

> Now and then, messages are output to the tty display, such as
> USB
> devices being plugged in, etc.  Is there a way to have
> those messages
> sent to an SSH terminal?  I'm using OpenSSH.

I believe you can change where those messages go by editing your /etc/syslog.conf file, specifically these lines (found at the bottom):

daemon.*;mail.*;\
        news.err;\
        *.=debug;*.=info;\
        *.=notice;*.=warn       |/dev/xconsole

I have never tried redirecting those messages to an SSH terminal, though.  I think it would need to be bound to a named pipe in order for syslog to send messages to it.  Again, I've never tried it so I could be very wrong about that.

    - Dave