Re: smart

2009/3/8 randall <randall@songshu.org>:
> hi all,

G'Day.

> smartctl --all /dev/sde
> gives me the following, i've been trying to google this but some sources say
> replace the disk at once or don't wory, its harmless. Anybody can shed some
> light?

>  5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   0x0033   100   100   036    Pre-fail  Always
>   -       35

This one above indicates that you drive is developing bad sectors. All
drives come with 'spare' sectors that can be remapped to the usable
space if ine or more becomes bad. Your drive has reallocated 35 bad
sectors and is most likely out of spares. Regardless the drive is
failing and must be replaced. In addition to that the data that was
stored on those 35 previously bad sectors is most likely irretrievably
lost. I hope that your raid setup has saved you from this data
corruption.

> Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)
>  LBA_of_first_error
> # 1  Extended offline    Completed: read failure       10%      9849
> 917923767

> #13  Extended offline    Completed: read failure       40%      8002
> 675183097

Your disc has been steadily failing for the last ~1800 hours.
Buy a replacement and swap it out asap.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.