Re: Why did you chose Debian over CentOS?

Steve Lamb wrote:
Raleigh Guevarra wrote:
Why did you chose Debian over CentOS to host dozens of websites?

    When I chose Debian, CentOS didn't exist.

Steve, I agree.

I use Debian long time, I use desktop Linux, only sever I use is file and printer, I used to Debian, Debian fast, Debian has unstable, testing and stable for me to play with. Red Hat slow to install and configure and you not get updates unless you pay/not free, no love, so I not use Red Hat, CentOS same thing but software is free, but, no CentOS when I start using Linux and CentOS slow to install and configure, if I want to use RPM type distro I would use CentOS, it's good RPM type distro, Yum not to bad, but Debian all around better distro for me, fast to install, fast to configure and much more software to make me happy.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Bakersfield, CA. U.S.A.
Registered Linux User #380263