Re: New installation can only boot to command line as root

Ray Lozano wrote:
> I discovered after booting into the "single user" mode, that I can log
> in to the command line as root. After I exit root, the machine then
> hangs just like it did upon reboot as described above with a blank monitor.

In single user mode try to let Xorg to do the configuration:

# Xorg -configure

This will write /root/xorg.conf.new
Try it:

# Xorg -config /root/xorg.conf.new

This method usually gives a reasonably good configuration file to edit and
tweak. If Xorg fails you should at least get some error messages to point you
to the right direction.

--
Juha Tuuna