Re: OT: matched string of a regular expression

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 04:24:27PM -0500, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

> Because of the size of the files involved, the number of files on
> which I have to perform this operation I decided to use sed (instead
> of doing it manually in vim)

Do this *manually* in vim?

There were suggestions for a number of sed one-liners. Those seem to
work in vim as well.

Just prefix them with :%

You may also consider a c alongside the g in the end to confirm
substitutions. Although in many cases the ability to undo is good
enough.