Re: Lenny python - ImportError: No module named _gobject

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:33:10 +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote:

>> I get
>>
>>  ImportError: No module named _gobject
>>
>> error when running python applications under Lenny. I'm wondering why
>> and how I can fix it. . .
>
> It looks like all the relevant packages are installed correctly. Maybe
> something is wrong with your module path configuration; please post the
> output of these commands:

Thanks Florian for replying, you have always been very helpful.

I've solved it. The problem is due to the unusual stage of my system. My
recent system-wide upgrade broke my alsa and vmware, so I had to revert
and selectively upgrade packages.

Upgrading all packages with python in name didn't solve the problem, so I
upgraded all the dependent packages as well. For the archive, here is the
full list of packages upgraded:

 dbus_1.2.1-5_i386.deb
 gconf2-common_2.22.0-1_all.deb
 gconf2_2.22.0-1_i386.deb
 gnome-mime-data_2.18.0-1_all.deb
 libart-2.0-2_2.3.20-2_i386.deb
 libavahi-glib1_0.6.23-3lenny1_i386.deb
 libbonobo2-0_2.22.0-1_i386.deb
 libbonobo2-common_2.22.0-1_all.deb
 libbonoboui2-0_2.22.0-1_i386.deb
 libbonoboui2-common_2.22.0-1_all.deb
 libdbus-glib-1-2_0.76-1_i386.deb
 libffi5_3.0.7-1_i386.deb
 libgail-common_1.22.3-1_i386.deb
 libgail18_1.22.3-1_i386.deb
 libgconf2-4_2.22.0-1_i386.deb
 libglade2-0_1%3a2.6.2-1_i386.deb
 libgnome-keyring0_2.22.3-2_i386.deb
 libgnome2-0_2.20.1.1-1_i386.deb
 libgnome2-common_2.20.1.1-1_all.deb
 libgnomecanvas2-0_2.20.1.1-1_i386.deb
 libgnomecanvas2-common_2.20.1.1-1_all.deb
 libgnomeui-0_2.20.1.1-2_i386.deb
 libgnomeui-common_2.20.1.1-2_all.deb
 libgnomevfs2-0_1%3a2.22.0-5_i386.deb
 libgnomevfs2-common_1%3a2.22.0-5_all.deb
 libhal-storage1_0.5.11-8_i386.deb
 libidl0_0.8.10-0.1_i386.deb
 liborbit2_1%3a2.14.13-0.1_i386.deb

--