Re: 2.6.28 + nvidia closed source

On 02 Mar 2009, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Happy to report that 2.6.28 from Sid also works with Nvidia non free
> driver 96.43.11.
>
> The start up sequence is different from 2.6.26: the console goes blank
> before starting X. But afterwards all is OK.
>
> Hugo

According the Nvidia site I need driver version 180.29. I have not been
able to install this, either with the Nvidia installer or with
module-assistant. Possibly this is because the linux-headers for this
kernel are not installable (because kbuild for it is not available).

Is there any likelihood that a Nvidia kernel module for this kernel will
become available later?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk