Re: How to adjust margins in xpdf reader?

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 11:59:23PM +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 06:57:46PM +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>
> >> How can I adjust the top and side margin at my pleasure in xpdf reader?  I
> >> couldn't find this issue in the xpdf man page.
> "Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@vianet.ca> writes:
>
> > I've never found a direct way.  I do it two ways:
> >
> > 1.	Since I run on old hardware, some boxes are able to have a
> > 	larger virtual screen than the pysical screen.  To shrink the
> > 	margins and have larger text, just enlarge the xpdf window
> > 	beyond the size of the physical screen (with xpdf set to fit to
> > 	width).
> >
> > 2.	Just set the zoom factor so that the margins are outside the
> > 	window.
>
> I mean what I get in xdvi with the `topmargin' option, i.e.: with the up and
> down arrows of the keyboard I adjust the vertical page position as I want and
> then, every time I do `n' or `p' to move one page forward or backward, I want
> that position not to change.
>
> Is that possible, and how?

I doubt it since dvi is device-independant and is mostly for printing to
paper.  pdf is for on-screen and only presents an image of paper.  If
you mean so that you can print a pdf with a specific margin, it may be
possilbe with some pdf tools but I don't know.

Doug.