Re: How to change console font?

Hello there,

I'm completely stumped. I'm using the out-of-the-box lenny kernel
vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-686. According to the config file, ehere seem to be
many framebuffer options hard-compiled into the kernel (seel below).

When I set the "vga=ask" kernel option, all I get is a handful of
chunky 80-by-something options. Selecting "scan" doesn't reveal
anything new. All of the modes listed in the "framebuffer HOWTO" yield
a "video mode unavailable" error. Yes I know I can't just enter
numeric modes at the prompt, I've also tried them in the command line,
decimal, hexadecimal, it doesn't matter.

What's going on here? When I boot a KNOPPIX cd I get the framebuffer,
so it can't be a hardware issue.

BTW, on the vmlinuz-2.6.18-6-k7 I used to use mode 775 which doesn't
seem to be a fb mode because it doesn't have the penguin logo.

robert

bob@bob:/boot$ grep 'FB.*y' config-2.6.26-1-686
CONFIG_FB=y
CONFIG_FB_CFB_FILLRECT=y