Re: denyhosts error

On Sun March 1 2009, Sjors Gielen wrote:
>  > DenyHosts <nobody@localhost>
>  >  To:
>  > root@localhost
>
> There are two ways to fix this, 2 is probably preferred:
>
> 1) By default, in the Denyhosts Debian package, the configfile is
> installed at /etc/denyhosts.conf. If you didn't take the Debian package,
> it will be at /usr/share/denyhosts/denyhosts.cfg. Either way, edit this
> file, and look for the line starting with ADMIN_EMAIL. Set this to your
> own e-mail address.

I changed it in the denyhosts.conf, we will see if that works.. I have been
getting one or two of those message every day recently, not sure why it just
started doing that. May be because I have ssh forwarded from my router to my
desktop, and http port 8000 forwarded to my desktop..

> 2) Configure your mailserver to forward root@localhost to you. For some
> hints, check /etc/aliases (at least on Postfix, don't know about Exim).

I already had root forwarded to my local user in aliases, that is already
working, which is why I was confused..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800