Re: Numeric keypad doesn't work!

> Does anybody have a numeric keypad that works? What is your keyboard mfg and
> model set to? Mine is Generic 101 key PC.

Hmm, that may not be the right track then... mine is a Microsoft
Natural (one of the old ones, with a PS/2 input instead of USB).  In
Gnome, I have the "Microsoft Natural" keyboard layout set, with a USA
layout.

The relevant section of my xorg.conf is:
####
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "altwin:meta_win"
        Option          "XkbOptions"    "compose:menu"
EndSection
####

Though come to think of it, something in my setup is doing funny
things with my keyboard as well; I have the menu button mapped as a
compose key (for typing accents and such) but even though it's set in
xorg and in my gnome keyboard settings, I have to re-click that
setting in the control panel and then re-save the keyboard settings at
each X session in order to get the menu key recognized as compose.
Neither here nor there.

Anyway...  I wonder if there's something maybe trapping the input from
your numpad when you're in Gnome?  Is that possible?  Do you see any
kind of behavior change at all from hitting those keys?