Re: package management begins to annoy me

On Thursday 26 February 2009 16:34:38 Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 02/26/2009 03:20 PM, Urs Thuermann wrote:
> > So, am I doing something completely wrong here?
>
> Yes, you're using aptitude.  Return to the apt* which God intended
> us to use: apt-get.

Ignore Ron.  Aptitude has been the recommended (by DDs) package manager
since Etch was released.  It has better dependency resolution, is more user-
friendly, and is a bit more tunable.

That is, unless you are trying to script the package manager.  In that case
I think apt-get or libapt are better choices.