Re: package management begins to annoy me

On 02/26/2009 05:28 PM, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
On Thursday 26 February 2009 16:34:38 Ron Johnson wrote:
On 02/26/2009 03:20 PM, Urs Thuermann wrote:
So, am I doing something completely wrong here?
Yes, you're using aptitude.  Return to the apt* which God intended
us to use: apt-get.

Ignore Ron.

Bah humbug.  You're just upset because I'm right...

Aptitude has been the recommended (by DDs) package manager since Etch was released. It has better dependency resolution, is more user-
friendly, and is a bit more tunable.

That is, unless you are trying to script the package manager. In that case I think apt-get or libapt are better choices.

Then aptitude should remove the CLI interface and stop pretending to be useful from bash.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

The feeling of disgust at seeing a human female in a Relationship
with a chimp male is Homininphobia, and you should be ashamed of
yourself.