Re: [OT I think] Which Distro?

> I have been recently looking at other distros to use other than Debian. And
> i have also been given a new laptop for use in school which i am soon going
> to be running Linux on. However i don't know what to go for. The 3 options
> to choose from are Debian(of course), Ubuntu or Fedora. The Laptop is
> Novatech Branded Clevo M72R(i think). The Reason i ask this is that ubuntu
> and fedora feel like what OS should feel like to me and feel more
> 'connected' and not a bit of a missmash which is what debian feels like to
> me, I moved from OS X August 08. Also they are updated more frequently.

While I really like Fedora, I find it too unstable for a daily driver.
If you think that other people will see your machine and might want to
switch to Linux, then go with Ubuntu. If you will just keep it to
yourself, go with Debian.

In the end, you can do the same things with all the distros. Ubuntu
goes out of it's way to be noob-friendly, and you should be familiar
with (ie, using) the same distro as the people that you introduce to
Linux.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-ح-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه‍-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü