Re: [OT I think] Which Distro?

On 02/25/2009 10:56 AM, Dean Chester wrote:
Hi
I have been recently looking at other distros to use other than Debian. And
i have also been given a new laptop for use in school which i am soon going
to be running Linux on. However i don't know what to go for. The 3 options
to choose from are Debian(of course), Ubuntu or Fedora. The Laptop is
Novatech Branded Clevo M72R(i think). The Reason i ask this is that ubuntu
and fedora feel like what OS should feel like to me and feel more
'connected'

Connected????

             and not a bit of a missmash which is what debian feels like to
me, I moved from OS X August 08. Also they are updated more frequently.

Then you'd probably love Ubuntu. (Which I despise because it's *too* gooey. The way I have Debian configured, there's enough GUI and proprietary stuff to watch video on ESPN.com, yet have the system still function as a server if I boot it without immediately logging in.)

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

The feeling of disgust at seeing a human female in a Relationship
with a chimp male is Homininphobia, and you should be ashamed of
yourself.